Monday, November 7, 2016

JUST A THOUGHT ...

I get around YouTube a lot. I was listening to a gentleman named Bill Donahue, who describes each life we live in a physical body as "thought". Someone else's thought, family, friends, etc... That wasn't the most interesting thing he had to say in this YouTube, "808 Who are we really." But if we ascribe to this life as being an illusion, then thought plays a huge role. We don't always like what others think about us, and I find it interesting the opinions they form from the simple grains that drop from my lips. Which is why Abraham-Hicks says, just write a new story, say what you want to say. Not always easy when the world is crashing in on us, but - I believe if we choose we can focus on things that bring gratitude. Gratitude uprights your world and allows a more joyful flow into your existence of more good things.

But getting back to we are just a thought living out a lifetime before shooting out of the pineal gland at death to go into another thought and another physical body of a lifetime with a whole new set of "thinkers," I was reading this poem and it sums up a lot of what was offered in this YouTube.

This is not a Random Rumi poem; I picked up another book of poetry tucked in between my Rumi books. This is by Debbie Armstrong from her book Mental Streaming, copyright 2010, published by Xlibris Corporation.

ENJOY!

I Am  (Debbie Armstrong)

I am a mere thought in someone's head,
A thought that is never read.

I am as timeless as time itself,
Although they put me on shelf.

I am as free as the blowing wind,
The way I'll be until the end.

I am a tear on a dampened cheek,
And from it all my secrets leak.

I am a flower for all to see,
If they would only look at me.

I am whatever I have to be,
A solitary life, but free.


We don't see each other. We are blinded by our thoughts. Of ourselves. Of others.
We are timeless, we are free, whatever we have to be to blend in, compromise, living that solitary life forced upon us by indifference, false beliefs. But what if we allowed each other to flower? To be free in the world? I think we would be responsible people living without all that regimentation.

I particularly like the phrase, I am a tear on a dampened cheek, and from it all my secrets leak. What brings us to tears, and how revealing it is when the tears fall, no matter the reason. And some will be moved to respond with compassion to your tears and most will not. But isn't it beautiful when they do? When compassion comes your way! That is when the human heart binds itself to another. Love.

You know how you read about certain ingredients being used in a recipe as a binding agent? The ingredient in life to bind us together is love. Love yourself. Love others. Love all that is!

Namaste

(Lol, Matt Kahn. I told someone off once and in the end, time to depart, all I could think of to end that conversation was "Love and Light," so I mumbled the words and got the heck out of there. That YouTube had me rolling! You are awesome! Don't remember which YouTube it was, but any of Matt's is a good pick! Like maybe the one that said I should have kept that telling off session to myself. Yep, I sure should have, but too late now. Love and Light LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment